Pag Meter News Vol. 1
High School news
The Latest fundraiser dinners down below
Email us your fundraiser and we will post it. email@example.com
It’s the NICK & MATT SHOW on 940 ESPN Radio
- Live from Fashion Furniture
- Thursday’s 5pm-7pm
- Come on over and join us
League Changing starting in the fall
- Clovis North
- Clovis West
- Clovis East
- Liberty Bakersfield
- Tulare Union
- El Diamante
- *Stockdale ?
- *Frontier ?
- Fresno High
- Golden Valley
- Mission Oak
- Tulare Western
- Bakersfield Christian
- Golden West
- Liberty Ranchos
- Madera South
- Washington Union
- *Mt Whitney
- Bishop Union
- Dos Palos
- Kern Valley
- *Hanford West
- *Mira Monte
- California City
- Granite Hills
- Orange Cove
- Sierra Pacific
- Orosi & Avenal
- *Frazier Mt
Pag Meter Notes on division movement
- Coming to the central section will be teams from the central coast in the fall of 2018. The schools will be Nipomo, Templeton, Atascadero, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo-Mission Prep, Arroyo Grande, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Santa Maria-St. Joseph, Santa Maria-Righetti, Santa Maria, Orcutt Academy and Paso Robles.
- What division will these teams end up?? It might be a tad too early but the Pag Meter guess is;
- Arroyo Grande and Paso Robles in Division 1
Atascadero and Saint Joseph in Division 2
- Nipomo and Righetti in division 3
- Templeton, Morro Bay, Pioneer Valley, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo in division 3 or division 4. There are so many teams in the central section already in division 4, they will have to move some teams into division 3
- Mission Prep, Orcutt Academy, 8 man football
If the Pag Meter was on the CIF board
- Some schools underachieve and some schools overachieve
- *Garces, Memorial and Bakersfield Christian should all be in the same division.
- *Yes,Clovis East needs to be in division 2. Will CUSD let that happen??? Not a chance!
- *Golden West needs to be in division 3 (No brainer on this one)
- *Liberty Ranchos needs to be in division 5 (Don’t penalize the overachievers any longer)
- *Shafter needs to be in division 5 (Division 6 would be child abuse for Shafter)
- *Mendota needs to be in division 5 (Don’t penalize the overachievers)
- *Could Sierra Pacific, Strathmore and Lindsay play in division 5?
- *How in the world does Chowchilla go to division 3 and not Selma?
- Athletically motivated transfers
- Student athletes looking to transfer to other schools solely for athletic reasons will find it a tad easier beginning in 2017-18.
- The CIF voted 100-38, approved a revision that removes authority granted to local commissioners, such as the Central Section’s Jim Crichlow, to deny eligibility to students who transfer primarily for what they see as a better athletic opportunity.
- The revision, approved with the help of the Central Section’s 11 votes, goes into effect July 1, though Cricholow doesn’t expect a major impact in the local section – which includes the central and southern portions of the San Joaquin Valley.
- It still will be up to the school, and the CIF if you will be eligible. Stay tuned.
Coaching latest news
Last year we had a record 24 openings
So far here is the latest…
Dane Cook has resigned at Madera South
Rob Calvert is out at Dos Palos. Rob and his staff did a great job. It’s sad that the administration doesn’t have a back bone!!
Clovis North, Casey Quinn left in the middle of the night and will be McFarland new coach
Clovis North needs a new head coach and the leader in the club is long time assistant coach Benny Martinez.
Carl Scudder is out for the Porterville Panthers. Michael Machado is the new head coach
Cal Tincher has stepped down and will not be back coaching the Delano Tigers. The new Delano head coach is Mario Abundez.
Mark Stanley will not be back coaching at Hanford West
The New Hanford West head coach is Cannon Sanchez who was the Hanford Bullpups Offensive Coordinator in 2014-2015
Marc Salazar will not be back at Granite Hills
Dan Williams is the new head coach at Granite Hills
Jim O’Brien is out at Clovis East. The new head coach is Ryan Reynolds
Jason Oliver resigned at Foothill and the new Trojans head coach is Dan Ingle who was the Independence offensive coordinator.
Tony Gates is the new Orange Cove head coach.
Rich Cornford will not be back at Frontier after 9 years and the new head coach is Chris Bandy.
Mitch Crossley will not be back at Lemoore after only one year.
The new Lemoore Tigers head coach is Robert Asencio.
Chuck Shidan retires at Sanger. The new coach is Jorge Pena
Steve Denman has retired at Tehachapi and leaves with 201 wins in 24 years. Steve Denman has coached 35 years and overall including another section has 301 wins.
Doug DeGeer is the new Tehachapi head coach
Farmersviile new head coach is Mike Crews
Orosi new head coach is Ben White
Paso Robles has a new head coach and that is Larry Grant who was an assistant at Clovis North last year and when he left in mid season, the Broncos struggled. Larry didn’t get along with Quinn and now we all understand why. Larry played at Ohio State and in the NFL for the Bears and 49’ers. The Bearcats will love Coach Grant!
The new Monache head will be Chris Frankland who leaves Exeter.
Exeter new head coach is Keirsten Lamb
Corcoran new head is Grant Kapigian
Rick Stewart is the new Wasco head coach
CITY/COUNTY Coaches have been announced
- City coach is Gordon Wood from the Sunnyside Wildcats
- County coach Matt Armstrong from Immanuel Eagles
City County ALL-STAR GAME FINAL 2016
- City 27 County 0 (1st shutout since 1996)
- City has now won 28 games and the county with 20 wins.
- The City has now won 4 straight
- Pag Meter line was City -23
EAST/WEST ALL-STAR Game Final score West 28 East 10
- Pag Meter line was West -16
NORTH/SOUTH ROTARY ALL-STAR GAME Final Score
- North 29 South 7
- Merced’s AJ Stewart scores 3 TD’s
- Pag Meter line North -17
- *Memorial’s Casey Padgett is out as the baseball coach and the new coach will be JD Salles.
Dinners/Fund Raisers coming up
Let the Pag Meter know when your team is having yours Dinner