Week 10 Football – 2016
In week 9 the PAG METER went 38-6 and for the year is 350-61 (85%)
Dog House Grill Player of the Week, (Week 9)
It’s a tie
NATHAN LAMB, RB, Tulare Union Tribe
- Was perfect last week going 17-17 for 243 yards and 1 TD pass and this week he went 23-26 for 374 yards with 4 TD
JACK WILKINS DB Buchanan Bears
- With a huge game with 4 interceptions and the Bears knock off the Cougars.
Firestone Grill Player of the week (Week 9)
It’s also a tie
ELISHA ORTIZ, RB, Stockdale Mustangs
- with a monster night rushing for 297 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in the win over Frontier. Ortiz is a one man show and when you have 11 players focusing on you on every play is amazing at what he does.
ROBERT COZINE, RB, Taft Wildcats
- Who is this Robert Cozine! Another huge week rushing for 408 yards and scored 3 TD’s in the win over Wasco. For the year, he leads the valley rushing for 1,908 yards and has scored 19 TD’s.
Hey South Valley, check out the Firestone Grill on California Ave in Bakersfield, CA!
Pag Meter Predictions for week 10
Thursday Night Football
- Monache (2-7) (0-4) vs Tulare Western (7-2) (4-0)
- Pag Meter Line Tulare Western -30
- The Mustangs need to get by this week so they can get ready for the EYL and Bell game championship vs Tulare Union.
- The X factor is the TW is peaking at the right time and will be tough to beat. Both sides of the ball is good!!
- Pag Meter Prediction Tulare Western 44 Monache 14
- Final Tulare Western 48 Monache 7
- The Mustangs are set up for the BIG Bell game and the EYL championship vs Tulare Union
- Roosevelt (2-7) (1-2) at McLane (1-8) (1-3)
- Pag Meter Line Roosevelt -10
- This is the battle of Cedar ave!
- Both teams off to a bad start but playing much better.
- The X factor is who can play better defense will win. The Rough Riders have the edge.
- Pag Meter Prediction Roosevelt 27 McLane 17
- Final Roosevelt 28 McLane 8
- Mt. Whitney (3-6) (2-3) at Golden West (8-1) (4-1)
- Broadcasted on 940 ESPN
- Pag Meter Line Golden West -21
- We are excited to broadcast in Visalia. The Pioneers are young and head coach Marty Martin never knows what team will show up.
- Golden West head coach Paul Preheim is loaded on both sides of the ball.
- The X factor is the Pioneers defensive front and can they match up with the GW Wing T offense?
- Pag Meter Prediction Golden West 35 Mt Whitney 14
- Final GW 32 Mt Whitney 14
- Pag Meter almost nailed the scored
- Christian Ortiz and Gonzalo Rodriquez each scored 2 TD’s. Ian Kelly scored on a 2-yard TD run and kicked 2 field goals (36 and 22 yards)
- MW Jose Cisneros was a big spark plug in the 2nd half for the Pioneers at QB. MW was down 29-0 at the half and Cisneros scored on a 3-yard TD run and Jason Rosas scored on a 4-yard TD run
Friday Night Lights
Expecting rain, bring a big raincoat!
- Clovis East (0-9) (0-4) at Buchanan (6-3) (2-2)
- Pag Meter Line Buchanan -41
- The X factor is the Bears have 2 weeks to get ready for Clovis North. The Bears are looking to finish at 7-3 and get a 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs.
- Pag Meter Prediction Buchanan 47 Clovis East 6
- Final Buchanan 51 Clovis East 12
- Super freshmen Kendall Milton scored 3 TD’s and Nolan LeForge threw 3 TD passes. Milton caught a 28 yarder, Cornell Washington and Jacob Rudolph also caught touchdown passes. Trevor Ervin and Jordan Huddleston each scored TD’s.
- Clovis West (6-3) (3-1) at Central (8-1) (4-0)
- Pag Meter Line Central -14
- If Central wins they are the TRAC champions and will be the No 1 seed. This would be huge for the Grizzlies because they have never won a valley championship and they are soooo good on the field turf.
- If Clovis West win, then they have to beat Clovis in week 11 to be the TRAC champions.
- The QB’s are both red hot with junior Adrian Martinez vs sophomore Trent Tompkins.
- The X factor is the CW offense vs the Grizzlies defense. Can CW run the ball?
- CW is playing their best defense at the right time and they will need a huge game vs the Grizzlies wide receivers. The Golden Eagles can pull the upset on the field turf if the defense plays outstanding!
- Pag Meter Prediction Central 31 Clovis West 17
- Final Central 49 Clovis West 28
- The Grizzlies wore down the Golden Eagles in the 2nd half. QB Trent Tompkins threw for 291 yards and 4 touchdowns and now has 26 TD passes for the year. Diotry Brewer rushed for 127 yards.
- QB Adrian Martinez rushed for 154 yards and scored 2 TD’s and threw for 224 yards with 2 TD passes. The red hot Golden Eagles defense got blown up against the Grizzlies.
- Clovis North (4-5) (1-3) at Clovis (7-2) (2-2)
- Pag Meter Line Clovis -7
- Both teams need this win. Both teams come off losses where they were beat up.
- The X factor is Broncos QB Brent Bailey and will he be healthy enough? Brent was absolutely beat up by the Central Grizzlies front 4.
- The Cougars have the edge because they have the much better offensive line.
- Pag Meter Prediction Clovis 28 Clovis North 21
- Final Clovis 22 Clovis North 10
- Samir Allen scored 2 TD’s in the 2nd half and finished with 209 rushing yards. The defense stuffed the Broncos in the 2nd half. QB Brent Bailey went 20 of 37 passes for 260 yards and rushed for 96 on 18 carries. Bailey hit Chad Fugman on a 67 yard TD pass in the 1st half.
- Dinuba (6-3) (3-1) at Central Valley Christian (3-6) (1-3)
- Pag Meter Line Dinuba -8
- This will be a hard hitting game.
- The X factor is which defense can play the better game against two very good offenses? The Emperors defense has the edge.
- Pag Meter Prediction Dinuba 35 CVC 27
- Final Dinuba 38 CVC 27
- Luis Colunga rushed for 143 yards and scored 2 TD’s. CVC,
- Connor Paden and Dinuba’s Luis Colunga each scored two early touchdowns.
- Kingsburg (7-2) (3-1) at Immanuel (1-7) (0-4)
- Pag Meter Line Kingsburg -21
- The Vikings come in getting beat up by Dinuba.
- The X factor is the Vikings will have enough this week but can they regroup for the next week showdown vs Selma?
- Pag Meter Prediction Kingsburg 35 Immanuel 14
- Final Kingsburg 33 Immanuel 7
- Selma (9-0) (4-0) at Exeter (4-5) (1-3)
- Pag Meter Line Selma -24
- The Bears super season continues…
- The X factor is the Monarchs defense is struggling and now they face the best offense.
- Pag Meter Prediction Selma 38 Exeter 14
- Final Selma 47 Exeter 14
- QB Junior Ramirez threw for 291 yards with 4 TD passes. Rudy Rodriguez caught 2 TD passes, Tiveon Stroud and Jason Nicacio each caught TD passes.
- Bullard (5-4) (3-1) at San Joaquin Memorial (5-4) (2-2)
- Pag Meter Line Bullard -14
- The neighborhood showdown. A bunch of these kids have grown up together and you either stay at Bullard of go to Memorial.
- The X factor is the Bullard offense vs the Memorial defense. The Panthers play a bunch of players both ways and look for the Panthers to get worn down in the 2nd half.
- Pag Meter Prediction Bullard 35 Memorial 21
- Final Bullard 42 SJM 20
- Bradley Jorge rushed for 125 yards and the special teams had a great night in the win. Jaeger Horneck scored a TD on a block punt. Brandon Fimbrez fielded the onside kick and returned it 51 yards for a touchdown.
- Edison (3-6) (3-1) vs Madera South (2-7) (0-4)
- Pag Meter Line Edison -24
- This will be the same old song. Madera South will score 3 touchdowns and will give up 6-8 touchdowns.
- The Tigers have a bunch of injuries including outstanding running back Jalan King.
- Stallions QB Jonah Johnson plays his best football against the better teams so look for Jonah to play well.
- I said it during the summer that if Jonah Johnson was at any other school he would be recruited by sooooo many but since he’s a one man show….he’s lost at Madera South.
- This is the perfect example of why kids transfer to have the opportunity to get a college education paid for but the system makes you lie for the real reason to transfer.
- The X factor is Tigers QB Jimmy Gray. If Jimmy runs the right plays and doesn’t go Jimmy time then the Tigers offense will get better and better. Against Sanger, Gray ran for 158 yards on only 11 carries. Half of the carries Jimmy ran the wrong play.
- Pag Meter Prediction Edison 45 Madera South 21
- Final Edison 42 Madera South 22
- QB Jimmy Gray scored 2 TD’s and Brian Johnson had a breakout game rushing for 223 yards and scored 2 TD’s.
- Madera (0-9) (0-4) at Sanger (8-0) (4-0 Champions)
- Pag Meter Line Sanger -42
- The X factor is the Apaches will have a let down but will still roll and will be the back to back CMAC Champions. Sanger will shut it down at the half.
- Head Coach Chuck Shidan is looking for his 200th win if you count a forfeit.
- Pag Meter Prediction Sanger 49 Madera 7
- Final Sanger 53 Madera 14
- The Apaches are the CMAC Champions for back to back years. Andrew Azua rushed for 126 yards and scored 2 TD’s. Aaron Mosby scored 3 TD’s including a 17 yard TD run, caught a 46 yard TD pass from Jacob Tijerina and returned an interception for a 12 yard TD.
- Bakersfield (7-2) (4-0) at Stockdale (5-4) (1-3)
- Pag Meter Line Bakersfield -10
- The Drillers need to win if they want to win the SWYL because next week is against Liberty. The Mustangs have been looking for this game for a few weeks.
- The X factor is the Mustangs need to play their best on both sides of the ball to pull out a win and they can do it.
- Both teams have been known for turnovers so keep an eye on that stat.
- Pag Meter Prediction Bakersfield 38 Stockdale 28
- Final Bakersfield 49 Stockdale 28
- The Drillers had 548 yards of offense, with quarterbacks Caden Ochoa and Cameron Williams combining for 397 passing yards and 4 touchdowns. RB Shane Jones scored 3 TD’s in the 1st half.
- Frontier (2-7) (0-4) at Garces (6-3) (2-2)
- Pag Meter Line Garces-21
- The X factor is the Rams offense is much better than the Titans defense.
- Pag Meter Prediction Garces 44 Frontier 23
- Final Garces 43-21
- Joe Tobias completed 11 of 23 passes for 290 yards and threw 2 TD passes. Isaiah Martin rushed for 107 yards and scored a touchdown on 22 carries
- Centennial (2-7) (1-3) at Liberty (7-2) (4-0)
- Pag Meter Line Liberty -21
- The Golden Hawks have to win if they want to play in the playoffs. Liberty can’t afford to look ahead to next week vs Bakersfield. The Pates have a bunch of injuries but should have enough.
- The X factor is the G Hawks defense vs the Patriots running attack
- Pag Meter Prediction Liberty 41 Centennial 20
- Final Liberty 51 Centennial 14
- QB Isaiah Hill completed 7 of 11 passes for 239 yards with 1 TD pass and scored on a 17 yard TD run. Cameron Meek rushed for 172 yards and scored 2 TD’s.
- Chowchilla (7-1) (2-1) at Sierra (5-4) (0-4)
- Pag Meter Line Chowchilla -31
- The Redskins have had 2 weeks to think about the 6 turnover loss to Union.
- The X factor is the Chieftain defensive front vs the Redskins running attack.
- Pag Meter Prediction Chowchilla 45 Sierra 14
- Final Chowchilla 40 Sierra 10
- Kerman (5-4) (1-2) at Liberty Ranchos (6-3) (3-0)
- Pag Meter Line Liberty Ranchos -9
- The game of the night. On paper the Lions should win and be 8-1 heading into week 11 but football is played on the field.
- The X factor is the Ranchos defense and the Ranchos running game. This game comes down to the Liberty Ranchos Hawks and if the Hawks watch the Selma vs Kerman game film and does the same thing on defense then this game is over. Selma brought pressure and kept super junior QB Sean Chambers in the pocket and Kerman had no plan B. If the Ranchos can bring it by running the ball then the Ranchos will roll. The Hawks are much more physical than the Lions.
- Should be a good game!
- Pag Meter Prediction Liberty Ranchos 40 Kerman 31
- Final Liberty 41 Kerman 26
Kaleb Roth rushed for 155 yards and scored 3 touchdowns on runs of 30, 20 and 1 yard.
- Markie Brandt passed for 71 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 77 yards for the Hawks.
- Sean Chambers passed for 329 yards and4 touchdowns
- Reedley (0-9) (0-4) vs Fresno High (6-3) (3-1)
- Pag Meter Line Fresno High -43
- The X Factor is the Warriors thought they had a great shot in beating Sunnyside but the defense got run over. If the Warriors want to make a division 3 playoff run it comes down to the defense.
- Pag Meter Prediction Fresno High 49 Redley 6
- Final Fresno High 44 Reedley 0
- Sunnyside (7-2) (4-0 Champions) vs Hoover (2-7) (2-2)
- Pag Meter Line Sunnyside -36
- If the Wildcats win they are the NYL champions.
- The X factor is the Hoover defense. The Wildcats could have a little let down but they have to stay focus if they want to make a division 2 long playoff run.
- Pag Meter Prediction Sunnyside 43 Hoover 7
- Final Sunnyside 36 Hoover 0
- The Wildcats are the NYL champs and they have won it 4 of the last 5 years
- Lemoore (2-7) (2-3) vs El Diamante (5-4) (3-2)
- Pag Meter Line El Diamante -10
- The hottest team heading into week 10 are the El Diamante Miners and the Tigers are playing their best football.
- The X factor is the Miners want to keep it going and head into the playoffs with a hot streak.
- Pag Meter Prediction El Diamante 23 Lemoore 13
- Final El Diamante 21 Lemoore 11
- The Miners are red hot and the defense is very good. Andrew Valdez rushed for 127 yards and scored on a 6 yard TD run. QB Parker Boswell threw 2 passes (30 yards to Mason Garispe and Derek Hernandez with a 51 yarder)
- Hanford West (3-7) (0-6) vs Redwood (8-1) (4-1)
- Pag Meter Line Redwood -28
- The Rangers offense got shutout last week against El D.
- The X factor is the Rangers need to get back on track or it will be an early loss in the division 2 playoffs.
- Pag Meter Prediction Redwood 42 Hanford West 14
- Final Redwood 34 Hanford West 18
- Michael Harris rushed for 75 yards and scored 2 TD’s, Michael Bean rushed for 128 yards. Kobe Garner caught 2 TD passes from Frankie Ayon (38 and 58 yards)
- Corcoran (1-8) (1-3) at Lindsay (6-3) (3-1)
- Pag Meter Line Lindsay -12
- The X factor is the Cardinals are getting better and better and are looking to head into the playoffs at 7-3.
- Pag Meter Prediction Lindsay 24 Corcoran 12
- Final Lindsay 18 Corcoran 8
- Woodlake (4-5) (1-3) vs Sierra Pacific (5-4) (3-1)
- Pag Meter Line Sierra Pacific -27
- The X factor is both offenses are good. Both defenses are not good but if I had to pick a better defense then go with the Golden Bears. Look for the Golden Bears to score a bunch of points against a struggling Tigers defense.
- Pag Meter Prediction Sierra Pacific 55 Woodlake 28
- Final Sierra Pacific 66 Woodlake 24
- Strathmore (9-0) (4-0) at Granite Hills (2-7) (0-4)
- Pag Meter Line Strathmore -35
- The X factor is the Spartans defense is real good!! Strathmore is looking to wrap up the No 1 seed in the division 6 playoffs.
- Pag Meter Prediction Strathmore 42 Granite Hills 7
- Final Strathmore 12 GH 11
- Orange Cove (3-6) (1-2) at Farmersville (3-6) (3-0)
- Pag Meter Line Farmersville -2
- The Aztecs are the East Sierra champions with a win.
- The X factor is the Aztecs defense because the offense is real good. This will be a very good game!
- Pag Meter Prediction 36 Orange Cove 34
- Final Farmersville 35 Orange Cove 34
- Pag Meter almost nailed the score
- Laton (0-9) (0-4) at McFarland (3-6) (2-1)
- Pag Meter Line McFarland -45
- The X factor is the Cougars are playing their best football at the right time.
- Pag Meter Prediction McFarland 51 Laton 6
- Final McFarland 55 Laton 7
- Pag Meter almost nailed the score
- Porterville (2-7) (1-3) at Delano (3-6) (1-3)
- Pag Meter Line Delano -7
- The battle of Cats!
- The Panthers have lost 7 straight and the Tigers come off a win over Monache.
- The X factor is the Tigers defense because the offense is good. Both teams really need this win.
- Pag Meter Prediction Delano 27 Porterville 20
- Final Porterville 14 Delano 7
- Mission Oak (3-6) (2-2) at Tulare Union (7-2) (4-0)
- Pag Meter Line Tulare Union -35
- The hottest QB in the valley is Unions Nathan Lamb who was perfect 2 weeks ago going 17-17 for 243 yards and last Friday he went 23-26 for 374 yards with 4 TD passes.
- The X factor is the Tulare Union defense because if they play good defense they can win the division 2 championship.
- Pag Meter Prediction Tulare nion 48 Mission Oak 13
- Final Tulare Union 56 MO 18
- Kazmeir Allen rushed for 188 yards and scored 3 touchdowns including a 76 yard TD run. On the year Allen has rushed for 1,497 yards and has scored 24 TD’s. QB Nathan Lamb went 18-of-29 passing for 265 yards with 3 touchdowns. Emoryie Edwards caught 12 passes for 176 yards and 3 TD’s. He leads the section with 75 catches and is among state leaders with 1,220 yards receiving and 14 touchdowns.
- California City (3-5) (0-3) at Bishop Union (5-4) (3-1)
- Pag Meter Line Bishop Union -9
- The Broncos might be still thinking about last weeks loss to Desert and the High Desert championship. They need to regroup now if they want to make a playoff run.
- The X factor is the defense for both teams because they both give up a ton of points.
- Pag Meter Prediction Bishop Union 30 Cal City 21
- Final Bishop Union 34 Cal City 28
- Kern Valley (4-4) (0-2) at Rosamond (4-4) (1-1)
- Pag Meter Line Kern Valley -3
- The Broncs really need to finish strong heading into the playoffs.
- The X factor is the Rosamond defense and if they play well they will have a home win.
- Pag Meter Prediction Kern Valley 30 Rosamond 27
- Final Rosamond 29 KV 20
- Chavez (7-2) (3-2) at Shafter (4-5) (2-3)
- Pag Meter Line Chavez -16
- The Titans are back playing outstanding Titans football and Shafter comes off a bye.
- The X factor is the Generals defense vs the Titans offense.
- Pag Meter Prediction Chavez 37 Shafter 21
- Final Chavez 41 Shafter 17
- Clemente Montes rushed for 179 yards and scored 4touchdowns on 25 carries, QB Deion Perkins rushed for 116 yards on only 5 carries, including an 85 yard TD run in the 3rd quarter.
- Javier Fernandez was electrifying in the return game for Chavez as he returned the opening kickoff 95 yards for a TD, and later had a 63-yard punt return that helped set up another touchdown.
- Steve Perez had s6 catches for 111 yards and scored 2 touchdowns (14 and 47 yards) Quarterback Alex Aguilar went 15 of 35 passing for 213 yards.
- Taft (6-3) (3-2) at Kennedy (5-5) (3-3)
- Pag Meter Line Taft -22
- The hottest running back in the valley plays at Taft with Robert Cozine who had another huge week rushing for 408 yards and scored 3 TD’s in the win over Wasco. For the year he leads the valley rushing for 1,908 yards and has scored 19 TD’s. Taft is not the same team on the road.
- The X factor is can the Thunderbirds slow down Cozine? The over and under for Cozine yards is 275. Take the over. Rushed 316
- Pag Meter Prediction Taft 45 Kennedy 23
- Final Taft 63 Kennedy 13
- Robert Cozine rushed for 316 yards and scored 2 touchdowns on 23 carries. Taft had 638 yards in total offense, including 588 rushing yards.
- Fano Maui rushed for 65 yards and scored TD’s on 11 carries, and Cody McCaleb scored 3 TD’s.
- Wasco (6-3) (2-3) at Arvin (0-9) (0-5)
- Pag Meter Line Wasco -14
- The X factor is Arvin has a very good offensive for an 0-8 team. The defense can’t stop the run.
- Pag Meter Prediction Wasco 34 Arvin 20
- Final Wasco 24 Arvin 7
- Golden Valley (3-6) (1-3) at West (1-9) (0-4)
- Pag Meter Line Golden Valley -30
- The X factor is Golden Valley has played a very tough schedule and will win their 3rd game.
- Pag Meter Prediction Golden Valley 36 West 6
- Final GV 38 West 6
- Pag Meter almost nailed the score
- East Bakersfield (7-3) (1-3) at Independence (5-4) (4-0)
- Pag Meter Line Independence -4
- The Falcons are the hottest team in the south valley and can win the South Yosemite if they go 2-0 in the last 2 games.
- The X factor is East is battling but has lost the last 2 games and needs to clean up the mistakes to win their 8th game.
- Pag Meter Prediction Independence 24 East 20
- Final Indy 14 East 10
- The Falcons held down in the 1st half and got it going in the 2nd half. Jeremy Mitchell started the scoring with a 2 yard TD run followed by Taryn Young who scored on a 26-yard run. Garrett Greenlee replaced starting QB J.R. Layman who was injured early in the game went 10 of 17 passing for 141 yards.
- Tehachapi (3-6) (3-1) at Ridgeview (4-5) (3-1)
- Pag Meter Line Ridgeview -3
- The X factor is this is a very winnable game for the Warriors but they have to win the line of scrimmage battle.
- Pag Meter Prediction Ridgeview 23 Tehachapi 20
- Final Tehachapi 28 Ridgeview 14
- Keyron Scott rushed for 114 yards and scored 2 TD’s, Head coach Steve Denman wins career No 299.
- Highland (6-3) (2-1) at Mira Monte (2-7) (0-3)
- Pag Meter Line Highland -20
- The Scots are a good football team and Mira Monte is rebuilding but will play physical football.
- The X factor is Highland is so close at being 7-1.
- Pag Meter Prediction Highland 32 Mira Monte 12
- Final Highland 31 Mira Monte 7
- South (8-2) (4-0) at Foothill (1-8) (0-3)
- Pag Meter Line South -19
- The X factor is the Rebels are hoping for a real high seed in the division 3 playoffs by beating Tulare Western but has played a weaker schedule. The Rebels are the SEYL Champions. With a bye next week, they could have 2 weeks off because they could get a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs and that would be a disaster. High school football teams don’t do well with that kind of break.
- Pag Meter Prediction South 31 Foothill 12
- Final South 21 Foothill 7
- Quarterback Aries Harris, playing with an injured ankle, scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 1-yard run. This is a great time for a bye and a possible 2 weeks off if the Rebels get a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs
- Parlier (0-9) (0-3) at Minarets (1-8) (1-3)
- Pag Meter Line Minarets -17
- Somebody is getting their 1st win. the Mustangs have played a very tough schedule.
- The X factor is the team that can finish drives with touchdowns will win their 1st game.
- Pag Meter Prediction Minarets 31 Parlier 14
- Final Minarets 30 Parlier 16
- Pag Meter almost nailed the score
- Fowler (5-4) (3-0) at Riverdale (6-3) (2-1)
- Pag Meter Line Riverdale -1
- A win and the Cowboys are the West Sequoia league champions. Everybody looks at Caruthers or Fowler every year but this year …….watch out for the Cowboys.
- Last week the Cowboys trailed the Blue Raiders for 47 minutes 7-0 but Michael Maggini scored the winning TD, Cowboys went for the win with the 2 point play and got it. That’s how you win a league championship is going for it ! With a win and the Cowboys are looking for a high seed in the division 6 playoffs.
- The Redcats are a team that hasn’t decided if they are good yet with starting the year slow but is coming on.
- The X factor is Riverdale stadium will be packed for a good game and the battle will be who plays better defense.
- Pag Meter Prediction Riverdale 27 Fowler 26
- Final Fowler 35 Riverdale 14
- Martin Plata opened the2nd-half by returning the kickoff 80 yards for a score that triggered the Redcats to a come-from-behind win.
- JP Sanchez scored twice for Riverdale on runs of 70 and 84 yards.
- Tranquillity (3-6) (1-3) at Dos Palos (5-4) (3-1)
- Pag Meter Line Dos Palos -35
- The Broncos are back playing great and physical football. The Broncos might be the only team in division 5 that matches up against Mendota.
- The X factor is the Broncos defense and they need to turn up the heat heading into the playoffs.
- Pag Meter Prediction Dos Palos 41 Tranquility 6
- Final Dos Palos 41 Tranquility 0
- Tre Walker rushed for 160 yards and scored 3 touchdowns with runs of 8, 8 and 6 yards. QB Johnathan Hernandez went 5-of-8 passing for 161 yards with 2 TD passes (27 yards to Armando Vega and 16 yards to Rodney Miller)
- Avenal (3-6) (0-4) at Firebaugh (7-2) (2-2)
- Pag Meter Line Firebaugh -48
- The X factor is the Eagles have lost 2 straight and will win big this week but the Eagles have to play better on both sides of the ball if they get a rematch vs Mendota or Dos Palos. It’s not a good match up for the Eagles when they play Mendota or Dos Palos.
- Pag Meter Prediction Firebaugh 48 Avenal 0
- Final Firebaugh 49 Avenal 0
- Coalinga (4-5) (2-2) at Mendota (9-0) (4-0)
- Pag Meter Line Mendota -20
- The X factor is the Aztecs will be the West Sierra Champions with a win. Mendota is also looking to be the No 1 seed in the division 5 playoffs.
- Pag Meter Prediction Mendota 33 Coalinga 13
- Final Mendota 14 Coalinga 6
- Erick Sequra and Fabian Jasso each scored TD’s. The favorites to win the division 5 championship.
- Caruthers (7-2) at Orosi (5-4)
- Pag Meter Line Caruthers-21
- The Blue Raiders are still thinking how they loss last week to Riverdale. It happen so fast. The big reason could be is Caruthers schedule is a soft one and Riverdale is very physical.
- The X factor is the Cardinals defense. Can they play like Riverdale did against the run?
- Pag Meter Prediction Caruthers 35 Orosi 14
- Final Caruthers 35 Orosi 7
- Yosemite (7-2) at Amador-Sutter Creek (8-1)
- Pag Meter Line Amador -21
- The Badgers have been crushing everybody in their way with a good offense and a very good defense. Now they step up their game against a very good defense vs Amador.
- The X factor is the Amador Buffaloes have played a much tougher schedule and we will find out just how good the Badgers are?
- Pag Meter Prediction Amador 35 Yosemite 14
- Final Amador 35 Yosemite 7